Sunday, November 16, 2008

Whats a Frittata?

I would say a Frittata is like a quiche with out a crust. My mother and sisters prefer them because they are low carb freaks. I just think, either way, they are delicious. I just made this one for a baby shower and I thought it was beautiful and very good.

Artichoke Frittata:6 servings

1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 10 oz package frozen spinach
5 large eggs
2 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
Slice mushrooms and saute with onions in oil. Thaw spinach and drain well. (Allow 3-4 hours for spinach to thaw and drain). Beat eggs lightly and combine with mushrooms, spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese. Bake covered in buttered 1 1/2 qt. casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

P.S. I am not a huge mushroom fan so I leave these out.

1 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Addie! I made this today and it was so tasty! Great recipe!