Thursday, September 25, 2008

heaven, bliss and good fortune

my favorite new recipe....

i love lindsays blog, she has my kind of taste you see. everything i make from her turns to gold and this is no exception! this one is super easy but takes patience as it needs time to freeze. it is best when frozen overnight.

frozen coconut key lime tart



you can find lindsays recipe and tutorial here.

i browned some coconut in the oven and then added some lime green food coloring to my whipped cream. i piped it with a large ziploc and cut a little hole in the tip and kind of swirled it.


additional info - i made this and served it in quantity at my recent coupon class. in an effort to make all of it pretty, i wanted to use my 1 tart pan for all 5 tarts, but i decided to try and make this in a large pyrex. i made the crust and cooked it in the tart pan and then crumbled it and put it in the pyrex adding the filling and cream over top, it was a great way to serve in quantity and tasted great even tho it wasn't as pretty!

{p.s. the cream of coconut is right by the drink mix section of the drink isle, and make sure to note it is cream of coconut, not coconut milk. and stock up, you will want this often!}

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

(Thank you.)

It looks so pretty! I love the green whipped cream idea.

Kristy said...

Beautiful!!!

LaDuke Family said...

That looks sooo good. I will have to make it. I love key lime pie.