Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tomato Basil Pizza

This pizza is so good! Its Graham's fav! It is very quick and easy and the smell of fresh basil while baking in your oven is so divine! This is a great pizza for the summer served with a side salad-hey why not Heidi's greens? (see post below) and some fresh cut up melons.

Dough
(I will admit, I bought some pre-made dough at Dick's Bakery because its heavenly and quick, but I have made this pizza dough before).

1 pkg. yeast
1 C. warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 T. oil
2 1/2 C. flour

2 C. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 clove pressed garlic
2 T. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. fresh basil, chopped (you can also use dried basil)
1 C. mayo
3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (obviously we aren't able to eat Roma tomatoes right now due to the salmonella warning, however, I used regular vine tomatoes and they worked out great).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar, salt and oil. Mix in flour and knead until smooth; set aside. Combine all remaining ingredients except tomatoes and set aside. Roll out pizza dough. Spread cheese mixture over pizza dough. Place tomato slices on top. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

**I also love to add cooked chicken breasts chunks to this pizza which tastes great!

5 comments:

i'm h.mac said...

i love this recipe you gave us, it is one of my favorites hands down!

Mumsy said...

That looks SO yummy!!!! I miss Dick's bakery. I used to walk there several times a week as a teenager and get a donut or something else.

Kristy said...

I can't wait to try this. I planted some basil in my herb garden and this will be the perfect way to use some of it... that is if my herb garden grows! :)

Erin said...

Mmm, this looks great. I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by The Sisters Cafe - I'm glad to have found your fun recipe blog now. :)

Unknown said...

I made this pizza last night for Bunko & everyone LOVED it. Thank you!