Saturday, June 14, 2008

b*a*c*k

and better than ever! i am determined to get all of my recipes on this blog if it is the last thing i do, so get ready for a storm.

i finally got a new camera and have been busily snapping away at what is in my kitchen lately.

sticky buns.

so i know there are a lot of recipes for these tender morsels out there, but* this is the one my family made every sunday morning for years. i knew it was the sabbath if i could smell these cooking. it did the job and got me out of bed, very eager i admit.

so basic, and your creative minds could switch it up however you want. but, this is how we do it here.


18 Rhodes rolls (or any frozen roll)
1 1/2 cubes butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 pkg butterscotch pudding
1/2 c nuts chopped (optional)
pinch cinnamon (i love this stuff and usually do a POP of it :read 1/2 TB)
over medium heat mix all ingredients together until incorporated.

in a bundt pan lay out the frozen rolls and then drizzle caramel mixture over top.
let sit overnight in a bundt pan. be eager to be greeted in the morning by beauties that need 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. get a pretty serving plate and dump bundt pan so the caramel adequately suffocates every bit of white the roll may try to show. then, sin. eat. repeat over and over. and then, go to church making everyone want to sniff you.......

i admit to an idea that made me feel like a sinner. i have never, ever mixed this recipe up. something about the fear of marring a childhood memory. well, don't let that stop you here. i added some sweetened, flaked coconut, milk chocolate chips and chopped cashews. (it will be a good fathers day for all at this house)

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

Those are my absolute FAVORITE breakfast treat of all times! I can't get Rhodes in NY where I am, so when I go home to UT, I make my mom bake these for me. YUM.

About Me said...

Oh Heidi, these are the best. My mom used to make them too growing up and it just made my day as a kid. Thanks for the recipe!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

That's so funny, it's the same recipe my mom has always made for special occasions. And I also made it for my husband for Father's Day!!

I really like the idea of adding coconut. Brilliant.