Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feels like Summer Chicken Pitas


I got this recipe from Graham's cousin Kelly. It is so yummy. I love the taste of the curry in this dish and it really does remind me of Summer! Enjoy!

Chicken Pitas
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 c. white onion, finely chopped (I didn't use quite this much, more like 1/4 c.)
1/2 c. cashew halves
1/2 c. chopped apple (we used Gala)
1/2 c. chopped red pepper

Dressing
1/2 c. mayo
6 T. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 T. honey
2 tsp. curry
dash of salt

In a medium bowl, mix the first six ingredients and stir to combine. Mix the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl and then gently stir over the chicken mixture. We served this in pitas with basil tucked inside. Don't forget the garden chair and a sky full of sunshine!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I can't wait to try this. I never would have thought to put a basil leaf in there. Yummy!

Eva said...

hi gals, I am a new owner of a (new in box hand me down) crock pot and looking for tried recipes from trusted sources. Any recomendatons?

Erin said...

Wow, that sounds (and looks) delish!