Monday, November 17, 2008

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach


This tasty dish is from the Food Network. I love it because it has loads of flavor, its healthy and its super easy!

1 T. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved (I used about 6 tenders)
8 oz. baby spinach (I use a whole bag because I love it)
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/3 C. chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 box of couscous, cooked (I have made it with plain before but this time I used the couscous with garlic and it was great!)

Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes/side. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until wilted (1-2 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside. Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 minutes.

Place couscous in a serving bowl. Top with spinach, chicken and balsamic-tomato sauce.

1 comments:

LaDuke Family said...

oh, Annie that was delicious. We had it tonight because I had all the ingredients with out having to go to the store. We used the parmesan couscous. It was also good.