Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Asian Spinach and Pasta Salad

I have a delicious salad recipe to share. I took it to a church activity and everyone loved it. You definitely have to try this one!

Asian Spinach and Pasta Salad
Toss together:
1 small bag of spinach
8 oz. bowtie pasta (cook, strain, cool)
2-4 Tbsp. Sesame seeds
1/2 C. Sunflower seeds
1 can sliced water chestnuts
3 chicken breasts - season heavily with lemon pepper, grill and cut into bite size pieces
1 C. bean sprouts

Dressing:
1/2 C. Canola oil
1/2 C. sugar
1tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Seasoned Rice vinegar (unseasoned works too)
1/2 tsp sesame SEED oil
1 tsp grated fresh garlic
store in fridge. Return to room temp before combined.

4 comments:

jane maynard said...

gonna give it a try! :)

jane maynard said...

tried it and loved it!

Melanie Anne said...

Hi Kristy, This salad looks great! I am glad you left a comment on our site--so that I could find yours. All of the recipes look great! I am excited to try a few!

kim said...

I found this recipe/blog through Jane's This Week For Dinner blog and we LOVED it! Thanks so much!