Friday, February 22, 2008

Ranch Chicken Pizza

My friend Kari brought this pizza over the day we brought our son Ethan home from the hospital. It was so good and is the epitome of comfort food. I am craving it just looking at these pictures. It is really easy to make, too.

Kari used a pillsbury pizza crust (you know, the kind that comes in a can?) and it is really good. I haven't had a lot of luck with pizza crust, so this is the way to go for me. I know you are thinking, "pizza crust from a can?" but I promise it is good. And easy.
Ranch Chicken Pizza

1 prepared pizza crust (first cook for 7 minutes at 350 before adding toppings). I am sure you can use a homemade pizza crust too, if you want.

mix together:
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 package/3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 T tomato paste or sauce or marinara

saute the following ingredients:
1 cup chopped cooked chicken (last time I made this I just used some leftover rotisserie chicken)
1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
1 cup sliced mushrooms

1 - Partially bake crust before toppings go on (7 mins. at 350)
2 - Spread cream cheese mixture over crust
3 - Sprinkle on meat and veggies
4 - Sprinkle 1 can/2 1/4 oz. sliced olives, drained
5 - Sprinkle on 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

bake another 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

1 comments:

i'm h.mac said...

kristy, i loved this. i made it tonight with chicken strips and my kids gobbled it up, fabulous.