Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chicken Tacos with Sour Cream Salsa

Hi friends. I am an airhead. I am embarrassed to admit that I have no clue what day I have for the month of February! However, I figure it didn't really matter since I have a really tasty recipe that will make up for my absent mind. Again, please forgive my absence from posting for so long-I am not good like the rest of you! Here you go:

1 lb. chicken tenders
1 T. fajita seasoning
3/4 tsp. salt
2 T. Olive Oil
1 green or yellow bell pepper sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
8 6" flour tortillas warmed
1 head lettuce, washed and separated

Cut chicken tenders into thin strips; toss with seasoning and 1/2 tsp. of salt. In large skillet, cook chicken until done. Remove chicken from skillet and add peppers; cook for 3 minutes then return chicken to pan.

Sour Cream Salsa
1/2 C. sour cream
1 tsp. lime zest
1 T. lime juice
3 T. cilantro, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

In a small bowl stir together sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes and remaining salt.

To serve, line tortillas with lettuce, then top with chicken and pepper mixture; serve with sour cream salsa.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

This sounds really yummy! Can't wait to try it. I know the sour cream salsa will go over super well in our house!

Kristy said...

These sound great. I'm going to make them for dinner tomorrow and am excited to try them.