Friday, January 11, 2008

Got Milk?

Well, most of my thoughts about food lately have been focused on nursing my newborn son, Ethan. There's not a whole lot of cooking going on around here. So instead of posting a healthy recipe, I'm going to dedicate this post to milk.

-Did you know you should consume 3 servings a day of dairy products?
-Dairy products have been shown to help maintain and achieve a healthy weight. Click HERE for some more of the benefits of dairy products and milk, specifically.
-Build strong bones by consuming adequate amounts of calcium, especially milk calcium. You can significantly reduce the risk of bone disease and fractures simply by increasing the amount of milk you consume.
-The phrase Got Milk? and spoofs off the phrase are used in many different ad campaigns. How have you used it? I hate to admit that I am not a milk drinker. I really don't care for the taste of milk. However, I LOVE yogurt. My favorite yogurt is Dannon Light & Fit in Cherry Vanilla flavor. At only 60 calories a cup and no sugar, it is a healthy and low calorie snack or breakfast.

What is your favorite way to consume your 3 a day?

Click HERE for a link to lots of great recipes using dairy products.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

um, I sure wish that ice cream could count because I could definitely "force" myself to get my 3 servings of ice a day! I try to drink a glass of milk for dinner because I'm not big on drinking that during the day and I very rarely have cold cereal for breakfast - so none from that front either. I tend to get a lot of my dairy through cheese.

Becca said...

No problems with milk consumption at the Lloyd's house. Right now, there are THREE gallons of milk for three people in our fridge, not to mention 4 varieties of cheese, and yogurt...and 2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer. Your post is helping me feel better about our milk obsession. I only wish we had this obsession thing for veggies...